It’s been quite a while since I last received Liebster Award from my fellow bloggers. The Liebster Award was a famous way for bloggers to welcome a new blogger to the blogosphere. The creator of the Liebster Award was unknown to most bloggers. All I know was that it stemmed from a simple website called Liebster Blog. Years ago, the Liebster award can be seen on almost every blog. It is also a way for bloggers to get to know other bloggers, or at least to let them know that they still exist. Though it is rarely practiced nowadays; some bloggers, mostly personal bloggers, still pass down Liebster award to other bloggers to refresh what blogging used to be before it became mainstream.
I was one of those who started blogging even before people knew what “blogging” means. I remember trying to explain to my friends what a blogger does and just simply defined it as an online diary to keep it simple. Few people knew what it was and how it is done. A lot of bloggers used to use pen names instead of their real names so they can fully express what they want to write without limitations. And through awards such as Liebster Award, bloggers get to meet other bloggers from around the world. Some even formed their own cliques. Upon receiving the Liebster Award from Sakura, I suddenly thought to myself, “Ah, those were the days…“
The Liebster Award Rules
The rules of the Liebster award is quite simple. If you have been nominated for the Liebster award and you choose to accept it (you can actually decline by ignoring it), you have to do the following steps:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to them on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
Seeing these rules makes me reminisce the past. I can still remember the time where I received so many Liebster award that I couldn’t even think of any random facts to talk about myself anymore. 😂 Now that almost ten years have passed since then, I’m quite grateful to Sakura for reminding me of how and why I started blogging. Sakura was one of the blogger friends I met then; though we haven’t really met personally plus the fact that I don’t even know her real name, I’m thankful to have met her through blogging. She actually started a year longer than I did but she still kept her blog updated up until now. Such perseverance indeed. Procrastination is definitely not in her dictionary!
Questions to be Answered
1. When did you start blogging?
I started blogging on year 2002. My interest started when I see my friend’s blog. I got curious and decided to try it out myself. That’s how I got myself into web design as well.
2. What is your current motivation to blog?
Honestly speaking, I forgot about my passion and was lost for a bit. I started aiming to earn through blogging which wasn’t my initial intention. Right now, I blog to share, to destress and to re-energize myself.
3. How long have you been blogging?
I’ve blogged for 5 years straight from 2002 and then on and off from the years after. The other day was actually More Like Twins’ first year anniversary!
4. What are your favorite sports?
I’m not doing any sports right now so this is quite hard to answer. But if I would started playing again, I guess it would be basketball and badminton.
5. What is your favorite hobby at the moment?
My favorite hobby as of the moment is watching Korean TV series. I’m so into The Return of Superman for quite a while now. Been watching all their episodes from 2013, and after three weeks, I’m still at 2014!
6. How do you spend your free/off days?
I spend my free time trying out new restaurants and going on a simple walk with my fiancé. On some days, we do get to travel out of town for a day or two.
7. Do you play any instruments?
As much as I would want to be able to play an instrument, I don’t.
8. What is the last gadget that you bought for yourself?
Asus Zenfone Selfie is the first and definitely not the last gadget I bought for myself with my own money.
9. Eye, lip, cheeks, foundation makeup – what do you like most?
Lips, definitely. Even without any make-up, a touch of lipstick do the works.
10. Are you the daydream or realistic kind of person?
I’m the type of person who likes to dream. I’m more of an idealist.
11. Do you like shopping?
Well, ofcourse! Girls who doesn’t like shopping aren’t girls; even boys like to shop!
Random Facts About Myself
- Probably a lot of people already know about this, but I’m really addicted to Coca-Cola.
- I have Acute Gastritis due to hyperacidity, so I can’t drink Coca-Cola any more. 😢
- Depression visits me once in a while especially when I’m stuck at a place for a long time.
- It is a great challenge for me to budget my financials.
- I tend to procrastinate and regret it afterward on a loop.
- Santorini, Greece is my dream place to visit.
- If my closet is half-full, I have the tendency to buy clothes on an impulse just to keep it full.
- Sweets are my worst enemy. I simply hate sweets, so no teriyaki and cakes, please!
- I’m a size 7 but when the heels are more than 3 inches high, I’m a size 6 or 6 and a half.
- I don’t feel comfortable talking about myself; I rather talk about something else, such as Politics.
- The only games I’ve played until the end are Suikoden 1 and 2.
Nominees for the Liebster Award
Here are the 11 questions for the nominees.
- How long have you been blogging?
- What made you decide to start a blog?
- What motivates you to blog?
- Do you find blogging to be strenuous?
- What impact did blogging have in your life?
- What do you like most about blogging?
- What are your thoughts about blogging becoming mainstream?
- How long does it take you to write a post?
- Which blogging platform do you prefer most?
- Who is your blogging inspiration?
- (continuation from Q#10) … and Why?
Hopefully, I can reconnect with my blogger friends or meet new friends through the Liebster Award.