Hello, everyone! First and foremost, I would like to apologize for not being able to write a blog post for the past few weeks. I’ve been feeling unwell for more than a month with a chronic fatigue and all sorts of symptoms such as insomnia, diarrhea, headache, nausea, dizziness, sore throat, cough, and colds. I feel so weak that I even almost fainted twice for the past two weeks. I’ve been struggling with so many things all at the same time that I don’t even know how to start explaining. I feel emotionally, mentally and physically tired to do anything.
I tried to do all sorts of remedies. I ate more healthy foods and less greasy ones. I took vitamins to help strengthen my body. I also took more than a week’s time of bed rest and slept for 12 hours max every night. I do nothing all day and cleared my mind off anything that can make me feel stressed. I easily get irritated as well especially when someone doesn’t understand what I’m trying to say or keep on asking me questions that I deem irrelevant.
I have listed different possible reasons for my fatigue:
1) Stress – I have a feeling that stress is the cause of my fatigue, not just physical stress but also psychological stress. I have been juggling too many things in my life, forcing myself to work even when I feel extremely tired and sick.
2) Weakened Immune System – I’m still not sure if this is the cause of my tiredness but having cough and colds definitely is a sign of a weakened immune system. But then again, I get coughs and colds at least 4 times in a year which takes 2 months to heal each time.
3) Anemic – I am anemic and with all the physical stress that I have been enduring all this time, I guess it is now back to haunt me. I strongly believe this is the cause of why I almost fainted because it never happened again after I took Ferrous Sulfate.
4) Viral Infection – I still have to visit the doctor to have my whole body general check-up to know if this is really caused by a viral infection.
5) Menstruation Period – It is probably near the time of the month again. Based on my calculations, I should be expecting my period by this week.
I am actually speculating that I probably may have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), but based on what I know and have searched via the World Wide Web, CFS is most common among 40’s and above; and I am far too young to be diagnosed with CFS. However, also based on all the articles I have read with CFS, it actually fits perfectly.
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a debilitating disorder characterized by extreme fatigue or tiredness that doesn’t go away with rest, and can’t be explained by an underlying medical condition. – Healthline
I’m just waiting for the Holiday break to be over, then the first thing that I’ll do is to have a whole body check-up and consult a doctor. So for now, I guess I’ll just rest a little more and eat a little more as well.
Thank you for hearing me rant. It actually feels a lot better to write it all down on this blog. I have been keeping it all to myself all these time. If you guys also felt the same thing before or know anyone who does so, kindly let me know. It makes me feel better to be able to find someone to talk to about this. Fatigue is not something we all talk about in the open, we usually just say “I feel tired.”; but now that I am experiencing fatigue first hand, I can say that fatigue is more than just tiredness.
For the meantime, happy holidays to you all! 😉